//accounting for new mobstoring upload method..
The 768x40 static ad unit running underneath the top story within the tablet device. The static banner is optimized for iPad and Galaxy tablet devices.
- All brands must be pre-approved by Yahoo! Homepage Advertising team
- Campaign implementation will be managed by the Yahoo! Homepage Advertising team.
- Yahoo! will serve all content.
- Interactivity/animation of any elements of the advertising may be acceptable only if it is user-initiated upon click within the advertising, not on page load. Any experiences with interactivity/animation on-click must be first approved by Yahoo!
- If redirecting to a Social Networking page, it should be a page that does not require users to login. If it does go to a login page, there needs to be a disclaimer within the ad.
- Assets for creative must be submitted in full working order 10 business days prior to the roadblock launch. Timing may vary by execution type.
- Creative should be non-Flash based.
- Creative must contain clear messaging.
- Prominent branding is required. All logos/branding should be a minimum of 4,000 sq pixels in size.
- Creative may not resemble or alter Yahoo! Tablet Homepage content at any time (i.e. resembling Yahoo! buttons).
- All audio must be user initiated
- Ads cannot require users to enter in any personal information
- Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page. Ads must clearly represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised. Products or services promoted in the ad must be directly available on the landing page.
- Ads cannot include excessive repetition (such as "buy, buy, buy") and must use correct spelling and grammatically correct spacing
- Ads must include logical, correct punctuation. Ads cannot contain repeated and unnecessary punctuation (such as "Buy now!!!"). All complete sentences (including if the ad title is a complete sentence) must end with a single punctuation mark. Sentences cannot end with ellipses, dashes, etc.
- Any interactivity within an ad unit must be functional. For example, ads cannot contain imagery that appears %u201Cclickable%u201D but is not.
- Weapons may not be shown in a threatening or violent manner.
- Profanity is prohibited from being used in creative copy, audio or video. All content being advertised should be suitable for a mass audience.
- Ads and/or landing page cannot contain any sexually suggestive or explicit content. All content being advertised should be suitable for a mass audience.
- All seasonal/holiday creative must be relevant to the specific time of year.
- Tablet Homepage advertisers who have purchased a rich media unit such as an Interactive Ad must use one piece of creative for the full run and cannot rotate assets. Display Banner ads can rotate up to 4 banners.
- Please provide all source files including .psd, .mov and all font files used (Mac & PC formats).
- Images, logos, fonts must be of high resolution/good quality. Loud, clashing colors, poor resolution images and fonts, intrusive, high-annoyance design elements (e.g. pulsating, flashing, or blinking animation) are not allowed.
- If a coupon is featured in the creative, the ad cannot link to a page that requires the user to download software before printing the coupon as this is a poor user experience. If downloading software is required to print the coupon, the user must first redirect to the advertiser landing page. The user can then redirect to the site requiring the software download from the advertiser landing page.
- Tablet Homepage advertising must meet the Yahoo! Ad Content Standards and Guidelines. Check with your Yahoo! Sales Representative for details.
- All creative subject to Yahoo! approval.
- The Yahoo! tablet homepage will accept video in uncompressed QuickTime format. Video assets can be emailed to the Campaign Manager directly or posted to an FTP site. Please contact your Campaign Manager if the video is in a different format.
- All video on the tablet homepage must be user initiated. The video frame will not appear until video is initiated by the user.
- Video window must have the following controls: Pause/Play, Mute and Close
- A Yahoo! Creative Designer will compress and resize the video to the dimensions of the video window. If the video includes letterbox (black bars at the top and bottom), let the Campaign Manager know whether or not it should be included in the ad unit as our standard process is to remove it.
- If the Yahoo! team is building the creative, we will provide you with the dimensions of the video window. If the client/agency is producing the execution, please provide the video window and/or the proper dimensions.
- A video endframe should be included with buttons to replay and/or visit the site.
- The tablet Homepage ad requires 10 business days lead time for all video executions.
- Post campaign, the Campaign Manager will provide video stats.
- Branding should appear on final frame of video.
- The landing pages must be viewable in all major tablet devices. For non-Flash devices such as the Apple iPad, that means the page content must be available in non-flash versions or in HTML-5.
- The offer in the creative must be present above the fold on the initial landing page and must be consistent with the creative messaging.
- Landing page(s) must be live for content review 48 hours prior to campaign launch. If the event runs over a weekend or on a Monday, the landing page(s) must be live by 12pm PST the Friday prior to launch.
- No pop-ups/pop-unders on the destination URL or triggered from the back button allowed.
Third-Party VendorsAd Serving and Tracking
Market Research Studies
- Third Party click command redirect urls will be allowed from approved vendors. Vendors subject to Yahoo! approval - contact your Campaign Manager for details.
- Third Party Marketing Research pixels will not be allowed on the Yahoo! Tablet Homepage
- No research study surveys.
Advertisers must ensure that any advertising that claims to offer items for "free" fully complies with all state and federal guidelines with respect to the use of the term "free" in advertising. Any sign-ups, promotions or special offers must also adhere to these restrictions and guidelines. Advertisers must ensure that any advertising offering "free" items discloses all material terms and conditions for obtaining the free item (e.g. advertising may not suggest that an item is "free" when receiving the item is in fact conditioned upon signing up for or purchasing the advertiser's good or service, unless that fact is properly disclosed). All guidelines and specs are subject to change.Make Good Policy
A tablet Homepage makegood will be offered for the following:
- Creative is pulled as a result of a Yahoo! technical issue. A makegood will be issued for the amount of time the ad was down from the site and during the same time frame as when it was down.
NOTE: Makegoods are dependent on Tablet Homepage inventory availability.
NOTE: Tablet Homepage Campaign Managers are assigned to ensure both a positive user and advertiser experience. Campaign Managers will make every effort to contact the client before pulling creative. In the case of a broken url or landing page, if the client does not respond or the issue is not resolved within 15 minutes of contact, the Campaign Manager has the authority to pull the ad down. For all remaining scenarios, if the client does not respond or the issue is not resolved within 1 hour, the Campaign Manager has the authority to pull the ad down. It is in the best interest of the client to provide an after hours contact to the assigned Campaign Manager for the day of the execution. All Makegood dates will be granted and approved by the Tablet Homepage Sales Development team and are based on availability. If a Makegood is approved, the client must run the same creative in the same placement with the same redirect. If placement for a makegood is not available within the time constraints of the corresponding campaign, the decision to run alternative creative will be made by the Homepage team.